Friday, July 26, 2013

Killed It!

Guess who ran today? This girl! Guess who killed it? Okay, okay, let's be real. So what I did do was run a full mile outside for the first time, ever. Like non-stop up and down a hill in less than 12 minutes. 11:44 to be exact. 

Yeah, yeah no great, super, accomplishment, I mean my husband is a Marine who runs 3 miles in like 22  19(yeah, I was way off with my original estimate!) minutes. But you have to start somewhere. My first run on this journey took me over 16 minutes. Granted I was pushing the stroller, but 16 minutes. It was pathetic but I was lapping those guys on the couch. On Wednesday with my sucky stroller, I did it in 14 so I cut 2 minutes off my time in less than 3 weeks. 

By myself without child, 12 something on the treadmill at the gym last week. TODAY 11:44 OUTSIDE! That's some freaking progress. I'm sure people saw me do a happy dance after I stopped running right there on the sidewalk. For the record, I ran over a mile but my app MapMyRun tells me when I hit the mile and my pace. 

Here is my overall run today:




My goal is to hit less than 45 minutes for a 5k. From this run, I definitely think I can beat that. I have about 6 weeks to get there. 

For the record, I do NOT enjoy running or working out. It sucks but I am determined. Thanks for reading, knowing YOU are reading helps keep me accountable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment