Thursday, July 25, 2013

Here we go!

 I should be running right now but instead I sit here, starting my first ever blog. A little ironic, a blog about learning to exercise and be fit and I'm sitting on the couch.

I just started my "getting fit" journey 3 short weeks ago. My motivation: This photo: 

Yep, that's me. I looked at this picture and all I see is the newly formed tire around my waist. That is ALL I see. In this picture I was playing in a sprinkler with my best friend and our boys (husbands' and sons). My best friend looks like this:

She's a ripped, bad-ass Marine Corp drill instructor . She's a runner, fitness guru and health freak. 

It's about time some of the traits passed on to me. 

So that motivated me and then so did this awesome lady who put an invitation out to TBS Delta company wives for a 9-11 5k run. So I signed up for the race, halfheartedly. Then I realized holy crap, I can't look like a fool in front of everyone out there. I need to train, NOW.

Oh yeah, there is a 3rd reason behind me new found madness. Finding myself. The me who isn't a couch potato and crappy eater. The better, stronger, fit me with runner's legs. Runner's legs are part of my goal. Have you ever seen runner's legs. Freakin awesome. 

I'm going to be brave and put up my before pictures. 

Haha, ignore my little photo bomber. The kid right there is pretty awesome. Especially right now since it's 8am and he's still sleeping. Peaceful bliss. 

Back to topic. So these pictures. I know, know I am not obese or over weight. But I am NOT in shape or healthy. I am what I like to call skinny-fat. I've got no muscle definition, I DO have love handles and cottage cheese thighs and butt. I want to be a better me, a fit me with runner's legs! I WILL get there. I WILL. 

So let me tell you about my last 3 weeks. Week 1- joined the gym took 1 class and ran outside and on the treadmill and used some of the weight-lifting machines. It was okay but nothing changed. 

Week 2- OMG this week started with CUPCAKES. Glorious DC cupcakes. Totally ruined my week, worked out 4 days this week, ran outside and on treadmill pretty much, short quick less than 2 mile runs. 

Week 3- The week I am for real getting serious. I am using this awesome app- My Fitness Pall
This app is helping me track my food and my exercise. I have been eating clean, barely any sugar, and all whole foods. Threw away the junk and just got real with myself. I saw a trainer at the gym Monday (but I did have an amazing steak and cheese philly for lunch for a girl friend's birthday, took me over my caloric intake for the day just a smidgen), 
Tuesday- short on time but did 30 minutes on the treadmill, a little over 2 miles. I don't do it flat. I challenge myself on the treadmill. Incline up to 8 when walking, jogged on a 1.5 incline.  

Wednesday- I took out my old cheap jogger and took Eddie (my awesome kid) out for a run. OMG it sucked. The jogger veered to the left making me correct it over and over, it was heavy to push and frankly, I'm not ready for a fixed wheel when running. I run slower than people walk! The fixed wheel right now just gets in the way. So I got Big Ed's okay and bought myself the BOB Revolution stroller in orange for running. Can't wait to get it and test that bad boy out. 

Anyway today is Thursday and I'm resting, not working out for now and have to run and get my parents from the airport. It will be a dfficult weekend staying on track. My mom loves to cook and honestly, I LOVE to eat! 

BTW Woke up this morning 3.5 lbs lighter! I NEED to keep this up. That right there is motivation. 

Starting weight 7/8/13 129 lbs of fat. 

Today's weight 7/25/13- 125.5 lbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment